Posts tagged with connections
- the Welsh longbow as Weapon of Mass Destruction
- stirrups, knights, and heraldic crests
- Henry V and the Battle of Agincourt
- the high cost of a plowshare and a team of oxen: That’s why villages happened.
- horses ≻ oxen
- legumes + cereals = wealth, surplus, free time, trade
- Mersenne, Pascal, Ersted, and Bell
- James Burke asking 40 years ago: What will telecommunications do to us? Will global communication bring peace? Or join us into one culture?
He hadn’t seen twitter or facebook, 2011’s democratic revolts in the Middle East, or art-sharing on tumblr. But I think he’d be happy with the result.